Wednesday 29 August 2012

It's up!

Don't misinterpret the title, I'm talking about the guest post I did for Michaels blog which I told you about in the last post!

here it be: http://killerbeesmakethemostdelicioushoney.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/the-sun-wind.html

It's a re-post of my 'The wind and the sun' post, so if you've already read it, then skim through that and check out some of Michaels wonderful posts instead!

Just to warn you though, Michael requested a pic to put up with the post, and he had a look through my instagram and picked the ones he wanted (My teeth look gi-nourmous in the first pic!).
Chances are if you've peeked through my instagram or follow me on twitter then you'll have seen my face (also referred to as the 8th wonder of the natural world).

There is sooooo much I want to blog about. My gran has gone back to Pakistan.  She flew with my dad yesterday, and we spoke to them earlier to let us know they're back home safely.

My mum and dad went to Geneva for their 27th anniversary, and they had the best time!  My brothers and I also reaped the benefits of their travels by gorging on the yummy swiss chocolate they brought back for us!

We were  invited to a few dinners by family members last week when my grandmother was over.  In the pakistani community, if you're welcoming someone to someplace, family and some friends usually invite that person and their fam over for dinner (like if someones just got married, or come over from another country etc.)
It has not done my waistline any favours....

I was at yet another wedding today!  My best mate fizz's little sister got married today, so I went to act as a mini-photographer and have a catch up with my besty's family (due to some circumstances, I've not seen my best mates family for a couple of years! It was like re-uniting with family when I saw her sisters and brother after so long :D).
Because fizz was busy getting ready with her sister, I was to meet her at the wedding hall, but because I didn't know anyone, I was just standing in a corner, alone, avoiding eye contact with strangers until she came!
It didn't help that I stuck out like a sore thumb.  It was a Bengali wedding, and Bengalis wear the most beautiful Sari's on special occasions (and just daily-traditionally), and people could just tell that I was Pakistani......Asians just know these kinds of things about other Asians! (I'm pretty good a differentiating between Indians, Pakistanis and Bengalis! I like to think, anyway)

But yes. busy busy.

I'm going London tomorrow to watch Les Miserables in the west end!  I'm very much looking forward to that, especially since we're staying till friday instead of rushing everything in one day trip.

Well that's everything I can think of at the moment!  Im sure there's plenty I've missed out, but oh well!

xo

13 comments:

  1. It sounds like they have some very good traditions involving hospitality in the Pakistani community. Maybe it is just me, but it seems like there is no sense of community anymore, where i'm from. Also, you look very nice in all of your pics, so no need for the warning...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah that's one good thing about the pakistani culture, it's very hospitable and welcoming :D

      Delete
  2. I don't think your face is all that bad :) Anyway you have been VERY busy lately. So very busy indeed :D I'd be mindful of all these weddings, sooner or later you're going to catch the fever. IT's as bad as baby fever. Yay for guest posts too :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thank you :P
      Ahhh I don't think I'll be catching wedding fever anytime soon! I like being single at the moment :D

      Delete
  3. Your teeth don't look big at all! Pretty average, I'd say!

    And you sure do have a lot of weddings going on around you. Perhaps you just bring marriages with you wherever you go? Haha ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey I never thought of it like that! I'm sort of like cupid of the pakistani world :P

      Delete
  4. Looks like you're going to be pretty busy for the next little while.

    Keep us updated!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We need to meet. Your life is full of so many interesting people and events. I wouldn't mind tagging along for a bit. Hey, I don't even have to go inside. Just leave me next to a window where I'll be able to take a looksie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Come come comeee! And you will most certainly not sit next to a window, you'll be right in the mix of things, seeing it all first hand!! (Trust me you'll regret it.....)

      Delete
  6. Hey don't say that.You look good :)Busy girl ! Keep posting...

    ReplyDelete
  7. You busy bee...very adventurous u r .... gr8 blog :)

    ReplyDelete